20170919

Ronnie's Garden; Cuttings from the neighbor; etc.

you seen enough of my stuff so here's my friend Ronnie's

I dropped by for more cuttings since i wasn't able to germinate any of the seeds he gave me early last August. Ronnie has a wide variety as you can see here: Moringa, Lemon Grass, Tamarind, Papaya, native Eggplant, Calamansi, Basil and Peppermint. He wasn't around but knowing he wouldn't mind, I took a few cuttings and left him one of the majestic twelve tomato plants.



The other neighbor also has an impressive selection of tropical flora

we're always hi-and-hello/nods-and-smiles but never exchanged names (maybe they're shy). I asked permission to take some cuttings and with neighborly generosity was told to help myself.

I took two cuttings each of the small red-and-yellow flowers and these large yellow ones.  Too bad that was all I could manage since my container was already full of cuttings from Ronnie.


Here at home I finally got all the disparate new tomato seedlings into into individual cups:


 Pardon the glass top. Overcast and extremely humid all day today (like yesterday), Rain was imminent and I was rushing to get my cuttings potted. I just managed to finish sticking them down as the falling drops grew larger and more frequent - I'll snap shots tomorrow.

before lunch I also transferred these from cups into 1 liter milk cartons. Just in time as they were getting root bound.


I'm sure the rest of the majestic twelve are close to getting root bound as well and need to be transferred too. The third from the left was what I left for Ronnie - he'll be wondering why a tomato plant suddenly appeared among his plants.



I over-did things yesterday as usual.  Got poor quality sleep as usual. Put in four hours before lunch today (typical). Went to get the cuttings and potted them soon as the sun edged close to the horizon.  I'm tired! Pardon the typos and grammatical errors - I still haven't gotten around to fixing the last entry but at this point I couldn't care less.

Thanks for your interest in my blog - until next time. May your garden be greener and more lush than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment